08 December 2009

Holiday Spirit

Ways I've been getting into the holiday spirit:
--Currently I'm munching on slightly burnt popcorn (YUM!) and Hershey's Dark Cocoa with a candy cane as a stirring stick. It. Is. Amazing.
--Last night I had the dark chocolate cocoa mixed with a little over 1/4 cup of Mint Chocolate Bailey's and sipped on that while watching Fred Claus and decorated my mini tree in my apartment with my roomie.

(This is the before picture, officially, because my roommate will be taking down the decorations when he gets mini lights and other such decorations and then re-decorating the whole thing to appear more pleasing to the eye. I'm just excited about a tree. A Tree! A Tree!! Yeah Christmas!!!)

--I'm currently reading Charles Dickens' Christmas Books and I've completely forgotten how much I love reading Dickens. The Christmas Carol is fantastic! (Oh and for my viewing pleasure later this month, "The MUPPET Christmas Carol" is a Necessity. Full on holiday requirement. Along with "It's a Wonderful Life".)
--I've already re-read David Sedaris' Holidays On Ice, which is also a seasonal requirement. Read it for the inappropriate humor. It's beyond awesome.
--Last weekend I visited my brother in Philly and we hung out at a Borders there having a sugary mocha drink with caramel and peppermint pieces on top (well that was all me...he just stuck with coffee), all the while checking out numerous things I wanted to put on my Christmas list and laughing at photos he took on his phone from Thanksgiving. Example of the fun-ness:


Yup...this was a totally random post that I used as an excuse to put up random photos because I'm just random and have nothing interesting to say at the moment. Might be the intense sugar high I'm on right now, because it's the holiday season, I've been listening to waaaaay too much holiday music and sugar is my drug of choice right now. And caffeine of course. Does that even need to be stated?

LOVE you all,
Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment